The Social Welfare Councils of all prefectures are providing a welfare fund loan system to lend necessary funds for living and other expenses to low-income households.
In light of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the number of households that are eligible for loans under this system will be expanded to include non-low-income households. Special loans such as emergency small amount funds will be provided to households that are struggling for their living expenses as a result of temporary stoppage of work or unemployment.
Please see overleaf for detailed information about these special loans. Please use the contact information provided below for questions about specific contents.
* This is an expansion of the previous limitation to low-income households.
* A household is eligible if its income has decreased because of COVID-19, even if the working persons’ work has not temporarily stopped.
* This is an expansion of the previous upper limit of ¥100,000.
* This is an expansion of the previous period of 2 months
* This is an expansion of the previous period of 12 months.
* Living support expenses from within general support funds
* This is an expansion of the previous limitation to low-income households
* A household is eligible if its income has decreased because of COVID-19 pandemic, even if the working members have not lost their employment.
* This is an expansion of the previous period of 6 months.
* Relaxation of conditions. Previously, a guarantor was required for 0% interest, or 1.5%/year interest was charged when there was no guarantor
Note: In principle, the household must receive continuous support in the form of self-reliant consultation support services.
As a new condition, under these special measures, households that are exempt from municipal tax and whose income continues to be reduced can be exempt from repayment.